Happy Diwali For Diabetics: Yes, You Can Enjoy It Too
Diwali is the festival of happy meetings, chocolates, and sweets. With such mouth-watering stuff all around, it is difficult to limit your cravings. It is even tougher for diabetic patients to resist sweets and other food items during this festival as they are unable to eat them. Some precautions allow diabetes patients to enjoy sweets on Diwali.
Diabetic Can Also Enjoy Sweets on Diwali
People with diabetes think that they are unable to enjoy Diwali through eating sweets. However, maintaining certain precautions help diabetic patients to celebrate the festival with fun and happiness. It is also important to plan for the Diwali festival in advance by managing blood sugar through exercise and medications. You may also buy diabetes medicines online at 90% lower prices.
Tips for Diabetics to Celebrate Diwali
While it is true that excessive sweets may spike up the blood sugar level, various tips may help diabetes patients to indulge in the celebrations while maintaining their blood sugar levels.
- Meal management: You know the date of Diwali well in advance. This will help you to plan a meal for the festival days. Eat a small portion of food and take enough water. Take a diet rich in protein such as chicken or black beans. Omega 3 fatty acids and polyunsaturated fats help to control sugar levels. You may also incorporate non-starchy vegetables, such as cabbage, spinach, cucumber, and mushrooms, in your diet. Try to switch to olive oil or avocado oil. Limit the consumption of sweets.
- Sweet preparation at home: Varieties of sweets are available in the market. In many cases, you are unable to determine the type and quantity of ingredients in the sweet. This may result in an undesirable intake of high calories. It results in a higher sugar level. Prepare sweets at your home. Use healthy ingredients that control sugar levels.
- Exercise: You should take time for exercise as it will help in maintaining blood sugar. You may have routine exercise such as walking or jogging. You may also have a twist in your exercise regimen this Diwali by taking the stairs instead of lifts or escalators while shopping, parking the car at a little distance from the mall, and of course, dancing on the beats.
- Natural Sweeteners: It is better to opt for natural sweeteners in place of sugar. Incorporate various natural ingredients such as raisins, fruits, or anjeer for sweetening your desserts. You may also take advice from your doctor about the type of sweet options for diabetes.
- Monitor glucose regularly: Monitor your glucose regularly during the festival season. Consult your doctor regarding the appropriate meal management during Diwali. Check your glucose levels if you have the symptoms of high or low sugar levels. This will allow you to take appropriate actions.
People with diabetes may also enjoy the Diwali festival at their fullest. You should carefully select the sweets with low sugar, perform regular exercise, use natural sweeteners, and regularly monitor blood glucose levels. The patient should strictly adhere to the medication schedule. They may buy diabetes medicines online through the Stayhappi Pharmacy website during this COVID pandemic. Wishing you all a healthy and happy Diwali.