10 tips for Asthma patients during monsoons
One of the main causes of asthma attacks is floating pollen in the air. And monsoons are the time when the number of pollen in the air increases due to increased growth in vegetation. On top of this, untreated cold and flu infections increase the risks for asthma patients further during the season. In such a scenario, taking some extra preventive measures is not only helpful, but extremely important.
Here 10 tips for asthma relief that patients should follow during monsoons:
- Drink hot soups, tea with honey and spiced teas as they are very effective against asthma.
- Inhale the steam from boiling water with cumin seeds in it. It helps to dilate the bronchial passage.
- Mix powdered ginger root, long pepper and black pepper in equal quantities with half a teaspoon of honey in warm water, and have half a teaspoon of this mixture daily. It helps to fight infections.
- Mix 5 grams of ginger, turmeric, black pepper, cardamom, clove and cinnamon with 30 grams of sugar and have a teaspoon of it with honey twice a day.
- Drink hot coffee and black tea as it helps to dilate the bronchial muscles. However, do not drink more than three cups a day.
- Dab a few drops of eucalyptus oil on your sleeping pillow as it is a decongestant that helps to break down mucus in the airways.
- Soak three figs overnight and consume along with the water the next morning. It not only improves respiratory health but also reduces phlegm.
- Remove the carpets inside your rooms. If that is not possible, vacuum-clean them at least twice a week.
- Change the sheets and wash the pillows along with the covers in hot water once a week.
- Eat foods rich in omega 3 fatty acids, like walnuts and flax seeds, as they are very beneficial against asthma.
Following these tips along with your asthma medications can help you stay in better shape during monsoons. You don’t have to follow them all, just the ones you can do easily and on a regular basis.
Also, if you wish to buy quality asthma medicines at low prices, you can visit our website- https://www.stayhappi.com/