Monsoon Health Tips: How To Maintain A Healthy Gut?
The monsoon season is one of those few months of the year anticipated by most people, as they look forward to those cold and soothing drops of water that compensate for the burning heat they’ve suffered through the summers.
Whenever the rain hits, most of us start craving for a cup of piping hot tea with some potato and onion fritters, and some enjoy the rain even more while sitting at home.
Nevertheless, these fritters can be good once or twice, but more than that, it may bring us many health issues and a funny feeling in our stomach and gut, which is also known as acidity.
This article is especially for the people who probably do not consider acidity and an unhealthy gut a serious issue.
Did you know?
That inside our body is around 300 to 500 different kinds of bacteria containing more than 2 million genes?
These bacterias in our body and especially, in our gut have the biggest impact on our well being. They live under our digestive systems, intestines and colons. They affect everything from our metabolism to our mood and even our immune system!
Along with uneasy illnesses like digestion issues, acidity, bloating, gas, and diarrhoea, an unhealthy gut is also a reason for the diseases such as Crohn’s disease, Ulcerative colitis, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).
So, after all, those fritters are not as amusing as you think if you overdo unhealthy food this monsoon.
7 Tips to Maintain a Healthy Gut
Though you can find a few supporting aids at a pharmacy, which will relieve you from an uneasy gut, here are a few tips which you can try to maintain a healthy gut for a longer and healthier life!
- Lighter the food, the lighter you feel! Eating easily digestible foods will help you keep your gut healthy.
- A cup of tea can do wonders! Chamomile tea, Green tea, Ginger-lemon tea, and Lavender tea will help you boost immunity and also improve digestion.
- Eating yogurt, probiotics such as buttermilk, cheese kefir, culture vegetables, kombucha, and natto -especially the probiotics that have good bacteria and will effect in favour of our digestive system- can come to be very beneficial for the immune system.
- Minimum or no oil at all. Foods that have less oil are easily digestible and also help you manage your gut.
- Lots of fluids such as coconut water, and warm water will help you flush all the toxins from your system and boost your digestive system.
- Prefer eating salads, boiled veggies over food that is cooked in oil, as it may contain bad bacteria and viruses, which may not be good for your gut.
- Eat less sugar, as it may cause inflammation and promote the growth of bad bacteria, which will upset the gut flora balance.
These few simple tips will help you enjoy monsoon in a better way compared to before. Moreover, Stayhappi is always there to help you find the right aid. With a wide range of products, you can find all medicines you need for gut-related treatments. You can order from our online store and get them delivered to your doorstep!